In person – SOLD OUT
Prof: Laura Townsend
This fall, we will delve into the texts of classical French and Greek tragedy. We will study the great scenes and monologues of Racine, Corneille, Aeschylus, Euripides and Sophocles, including Andromaque, Phèdre, Oedipe Roi, Antigone, Electre, L’Orestie, Médée, Britannicus, Bérénice, Iphigénie, Esther, Athalie and Le Cid. On a technical level, we will work on presence and speech towards a free and embodied experience on stage. This class is open to all and will be capped by a presentation in the theater at the end of the trimester.
TIMES: Tuesdays, 8 – 10 pm
LEVEL: All levels
DATES: 12 classes from September 20 to December 6, 2022 (except for the class of October 4 which will be on October 3). Trial class without commitment on September 20. Show on December 13 at the Gene Frankel Theater.
LOCATION: Ripley Grier Studios, 520 8th Ave, Manhattan, 16th floor. The Studio number will be displayed on a screen.
PRICE AND REGISTRATION: As the course is SOLD OUT, you can register on the waiting list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you first want to take part to the trial class, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, last name, phone number and the class you’re interested in. Then you’ll have the possibility to come for free to the first class and then subscribe to the standard price before the seconde class.
General rate: $595
Sliding scale available upon request. Please contact us via email for more information.
Preventive measures for in-person classes, due to Covid-19.
Your health is important to us.
L’Atelier Théâtre follows NY State Covid 19 guidelines strictly. We thank you in advance for following the instructions given by the studio where the rehearsal takes place as well as the one given by your teacher.
- The wearing of the mask is optional.
- The students willing to enroll for an in-person class must sign a waiver before the beginning of classes.
- To know more about the safety measures taken by the studio, please click on this link.
- In case, the city/state orders a new shutdown before the beginning of classes, the class will be canceled and the students will be fully refunded.
- If a shutdown occurs during the semester, the class will continue on zoom.
- If it occurs during the first 3 weeks of classes, the students can elect to cancel their subscription and be refunded pro rata to the remaining courses.
- If a shutdown occurs later in the year, there will be no refund as the class will continue on zoom.
- In the case one student becomes ill with covid, the class will temporarily move to zoom for a period of 2 weeks, so that students have the time to get tested and quarantine accordingly.
- In the case one student is a contact case or feels sick, we ask that you do not come to class before receiving a negative test.
- Finally, in the event that the city/state of NY decides to reduce the number of people allowed per class, we will continue the face-to-face classes with an alternate schedule (half of the group will spend every other week). A refund will be possible if this happens during the first 3 classes.
L’Atelier Theatre reserves the right to cancel a class if the minimum amount of students is not reached. In that particular case, class fees will be reimbursed.
For further information, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org