SCENE STUDY – SOLD OUT
Prof. Guillaume Roper-Sirvent
This fall, L’Atelier Théâtre invites you to work on very various types of short scenes that have only ONE commun ground: they will all describe a form of craziness. Every member in this workshop will have to work with a partner (or alone) on heterogenous scenes written by Pierre Corneille, Jean Racine, William Shakespeare, Eugène Ionesco, Samuel Beckett, or even Jean Giraudoux. Some actors will also have the opportunity to work on texts, chosen in a couple of French contemporary novels, that we will adjust to a live acting performance.
This workshop is designed for adults of all ages and with all kinds of acting experience. There are no prerequisites or previous knowledge needed for this course, that will be taught (in French) in a friendly and supportive atmosphere. We will provide every member of the class the chance to explore different acting techniques in a playful and practical way. At the end of the workshop, we will host a collective performance where each actor will showcase their work.
To end with the words of William Shalespeare himself, please remember that “Madness in great ones must not unwatched go”!
So join us in September and let’s explore together the “50 shades of Crazy”.
TIMES: Wednesdays, 8-10pm
LEVELS: All levels
DATES: 12 classes from September 21 to December 7 (except for the class of November 23 which will be on November 21). Trial class without commitment on September 21. Show on December 14 at the Gene Frankel Theater.
LOCATION: Ripley Grier Studios, 520 8th Ave, Manhattan, 16th floor. The Studio will be displayed on a screen and big enough to be socially distanced at all time.
PRICE AND REGISTRATION: As the course is SOLD OUT, you can register on the waiting list at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you first want to take part to the trial class, please send an email to email@example.com with your name, last name, phone number and the class you’re interested in. Then you’ll have the possibility to come for free to the first class and then subscribe to the standard price before the seconde class.
If you haven’t done so in the past trimester, we ask that you sign a waiver before enrolling to class.
Sliding scale available upon request. Please contact us via email at info@ for more information.
Preventive measures for in-person classes, due to Covid-19.
Your health is important to us.
L’Atelier Théâtre follows NY State Covid 19 guidelines strictly. We thank you in advance for following the instructions given by the studio where the rehearsal takes place as well as the one given by your teacher.
- The wearing of the mask is optional.
- The students willing to enroll for an in-person class must sign a waiver before the beginning of classes.
- To know more about the safety measures taken by the studio, please click on this link.
About our terms and conditions :
- In case, the city/state orders a new shutdown before the beginning of classes, the class will be canceled and the students will be fully refunded.
- If a shutdown occurs during the semester, the class will continue on zoom.
- If it occurs during the first 3 weeks of classes, the students can elect to cancel their subscription and be refunded pro rata to the remaining courses.
- If a shutdown occurs later in the year, there will be no refund as the class will continue on zoom.
- In the case one student becomes ill with covid, the class will temporarily move to zoom for a period of 2 weeks, so that students have the time to get tested and quarantine accordingly.
- In the case one student is a contact case or feels sick, we ask that you do not come to class before receiving a negative test.
- Finally, in the event that the city/state of NY decides to reduce the number of people allowed per class, we will continue the face-to-face classes with an alternate schedule (half of the group will spend every other week). A refund will be possible if this happens during the first 3 classes.
L’Atelier Theatre reserves the right to cancel a class if the minimum amount of students is not reached. In that particular case, class fees will be reimbursed.
For further information, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org